SOS - Make your vote count on September 8th
SAVE OUR STATE
Ryde Council - the problem?
- Labor/ Liberal politicking = dysfunctional Council
- Insincere consultation = the ‘dumbing- down’ of residents with glossy brochures
- Over-the top development with...
- Duplex and villas now permitted side-by-side next to you, in your street
- Victoria Rd Gladesville kms of high rise - an eyesore and pollution tunnel
- Freedom theatre destroyed - even though the developer wanted to keep it
- Nth Ryde up to30 storeys along Epping Rd
- Top Ryde, Cox’s Rd plus more (much more) in the pipeline ...
... the way forward
- Develop a shared vision for a sustainable Ryde – socially, environmentally, economically
- Treat residents as partners in the process.
- Independent Councillors prepared to resist pressure from State Government.
- Win-win solutions with appropriate development
- Revisit and revise where still possible Ryde’s current blueprint for (over)development.
- Preserve the interests of residents and small business
- Do the studies for heritage and traffic, and social and environmental impact – and follow their advice
- Reduce the extraordinary powers (and salary!) of the General Manager
1 Graeme Cordiner
- Gladesville Residents for Appropriate Development from 2003, co-founder.
- Resident rep Gladesville Master plan
- member Save Our State/Suburbs
- Aust. Independents Movement, co-founder
- 50 years residence in East Ward
2 Ted Webber
has many years of local community advocacy in PUTNEY and GLADESVILLE. He is on the SOS executive.
3 David Cordiner
wants affordable housing for Ryde’s young people, not unaffordable high-rise targeted at investors
4 Christine Mullen
comes from a family concerned with building local community
TWT – 01/08/12
And Labor in power was no better!
Keep Labor/ Liberal politics out of Council
Financing? - out of our own pockets
Help us? – Poster in yard/ letterbox/ election day Ph Graeme 9817 0288